Click to translate
Lower Montessori Elementary Abridged
Recommended for:Have questions? Read my elementary FAQs here!
- Children ages for 5 1/2 and up
- First grade
My Montessori Lesson Plans and Articles Included in the ProgramLanguageMath
- Phonograms Part One
- Capital Letters
- Article Game
- Noun & Adjective Game with Farm Animals
- Logical Adjective & Noun Game (adjective relations to the nouns)
- Detective Adjective Game with Triangles
- Phonogram Word Lists Part Two sample of long vowel words a, ai, a-e, ay here
- Poetry Basket
- Simple Punctuation
- Making Simple Sentences
- Writing a Simple Essay
- Conjunction Game with Roses
- Preposition Games with Roses and Farm Animals
- Verb Game
- Verb Command Cards & Function of the Verb (moving towards interpretive reading)
- Different Apects of the Verb, exercises with verb tenses
- Adverb Game
- Logical Adverb Game
- Journal Writing One, Two, Three, Four: keeping a daily journal for writing practice
- Advanced PhonogramsFractions
- Introduction to Math (brief review for 3-6)
- Introduction to Golden Beads 1-1000
- Introduction to Symbols 1-9000
- Golden Beads & Symbols (Function of the Decimal System & Symbols)
- Formation of Complex Numbers with Golden Beads and Symbols
- Simple Addition with Golden Beads
- Addition Strip Board
- Subtraction Simple with Golden Beads
- Addition Charts
- Subtraction Negative Strip Boards
- Subtraction Charts
- Dynamic Addition with Golden Beads
- Dynamic Subtraction with Golden Beads
- Subtraction Stamp Game
- Subtraction in Stages
- The Stamp Game
- Simple Addition with the Stamp Game
- Simple Subtraction Stamp Game
- Dynamic Addition with the Stamp Game picture gallery here
- Dynamic Subtraction with the Stamp GamePick one from the list below:
- Introductory Lesson
- Fraction Tickets (writing fraction symbols)
Choice #1 Geography & History & Telling Time
- Intro to Geography: "The child in the Montessori environment needs to perfect her senses. After six years of age she realizes that there is a larger environment than her family and she wants to..."
- Needs of People of the World
- Spiritual Needs of People of the World
- Peace Education: "The essentials of education for peace are built into the Montessori curriculum at every level. At the preschool stage when children are in an absorbent state of mind (Philosophy & Psychology), they are exposed to the Continents of the World and the Peoples of the World (Geography Curriculum), thus providing the basis for a global view of life and humanity's part in it. At the elementary stage students are..."Choice #2 Botany & Zoology & Science
- Birthday Time Line (first introduction to concept of history and time)
- The Clock first lessons
- Telling Time lesson
- Introduction to Concept of Actual Time lesson
- One Half Hour
- One Quarter Hour
- History Introduction (Elementary)
- History from Maria Montessori's Pedagogical Anthropology, Introduction
- Introduction to Concept of Regular Unit of Measure (Time)
- Calendars, One Year Time Line, Child's Life Time Line and Family Time Line, and A Short History of Child's Life
- The Year and Its PartsBotany & Zoology*******
- Botany Introduction
- Botany Outline
- Plant Experiment
- Mono cot and Di cot
- Parts of a Real Plant, Leaf, Root
- Parts of a Plant Cards
- Parts of a Flower Activities
- Zoology Introduction (review 3 to 6)
- Zoology Outline (3 to 6 and 6 to 9)
- Zoology Animal Classified Cards (review 3 to 6)
- The Study of Nature--text only: Outings
- The First Knowledge of the Animal Kingdom: Classified Nomenclature for Zoology: Animal Story Card Games--with pictures (knowledge of animal kingdom and reading practice)
- The animal stories for the above--text only (46 stories in all, invertebrates and vertebrates)
Science (Preschool 3 to 6 Experiments)
- Sink & Float
- Two Jars
- Post Card
- Candle in Glass
- Three Stages of Matter
- Magnet Sort
- Hidden Magnet
How to pay with PayPal:
- Pay on-line with PayPal, US and International.
- After you pay with PayPal, come back here to create a username and password. Then, it will take me two days to accept you into my members-only network. (I get a lot of sign ups and I appologize ahead of time for any delays.) Click here to create a username and password. I will contact you in a few days with your access page link! Thank you and welcome! http://montessorifortheearth.ning.com/main/authorization/signUp.
- What if I do not have a PayPal account? Can I use my credit card?
After you pay with PayPal, come back here to create a username and password. Then, it will take me two days to accept you into my members-only network. (I get a lot of sign ups and I appologize ahead of time for any delays.) Click here to create a username and password. I will contact you in a few days with your access page link! Thank you and welcome! http://montessorifortheearth.ning.com/main/authorization/signUp.
May I Suggest:
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by E. G. Hainstock
- Montessori Madness! A Parent to Parent Argument for Montessori Education by Trevor Eissler
- Montessori Today: A Comprehensive Approach to Education from Birth to Adulthood by P. Polk Lillard
Have questions? Read my elementary FAQsDo you offer elementary Montessori? What ages?
What subjects, lessons will be offered?
- Yes... I off lower elementary programs recommended for five to nine year olds.Does the cost include help from you? can you answer my questions and or offer help through email?
In a nutshell: language including grammar and journaling, math including fractions and geometry, history, telling time, cosmic education, geography and the physical sciences, zoology, botany, science, and peace education. The average lesson is one to three pages long... some of them have graphics (and you can request a graphic/more graphics) and some are text only. Creationism: If you are a homeschooler who teaches Creationism, instead of evolution, I offer Creationist - friendly resources.
Do I have access to the site [after I sign up] where I can download when I need to...
- The elementary program also includes access to my Montessori Facebook group where you can ask me (and the other members of the group) questions.
As for the images, are they images I can use for the lesson, or only photographs of your projects?
- Yes, you have 24/7 access to the site (your program/s) for one year!
Can we print ahead? For example if I want to print ahead 1-2 weeks of lesson plans are we able to?
- Yes, there are images you can use for most of your lessons, many are photographs.
- Some images that come with the lessons are black and white drawings from my Montessori training manual, or are color drawings (made by me) from my Montessori teacher albums, or are computer graphics (made by me with my computer), or are photographs of actual materials... And other lessons have a picture galler (many step-by-step) photos.
- And if you need some pictures/photos/drawings just let me know!
How many supplies and books do I need to get to accompany any subjects?
Does it require purchasing of any materials, or making them (and do you provide help or info on that)? Iíve made some, and have a long list of more to make (but itís slow).
- What you need to buy is listed by month in my program, and sometimes it is also listed at the end of the lesson/s. Some materials can be made, others you need to buy. But not everyone has a budget to buy all the materials needed, or is able to make materials. You have to decide as you go along what you can afford to buy and or what you are able to make. I don't have one long list, sorry!
- What I can say is it can be overwhelming to moms and families who are new to Montessori homeschooling (all the materials needed to buy/make). I do my best to break it down and list the most affordable/where/when to buy, or what is free as a PDF download, and so forth. I also offer a time line of what to buy, when, and where, as well as what to make and when.
- There are no "textbooks" however. As for workbooks, I suggest Primary Phonics, they go up to sixth grade and there are sets of readers you can buy, too.
Do you advise on the suggested equipment [materials] upfront?
- Yes, you would need to buy and or make the materials needed for your lessons; and yes, I try to help with that both in the lessons... and in the resource areas. I also offer a time line of what to buy, when, and where, as well as what to make and when.
I was wondering when you list all that is included does it include materials?
- I advise making and or buying the materials as you go along, and many can be bought as PDF materials that you print out, if you have a color printer. This will also save on shipping, and time in making your own. Many Montessori sellers offer Montessori 6-9 in PDF. I have them listed in the resources area, the time lines, and sometimes in the lessons.
- No, sorry! I do offer links to materials, including some free PDFs, some less expensive options, and some traditional Montessori (and sometimes expensive) options. I also offer a time line of what to buy, when, and where, as well as what to make and when.